Paradox Interactive/Obsidian Entertainment
Pillars of Eternity would not exist without the dedicated support of the Kickstarter community, a group of people passionate about the independent turn-based strategy game from famed developer Obsidian Entertainment. So when Obsidian struck a publishing deal with Paradox Interactive, TriplePoint helped the studios create a media strategy that would put the collective community mind at ease while generating awareness of the deal.
- Maintain Obsidian’s credibility among Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter backers who might perceive the company as selling out to Paradox with a publishing deal.
- Spell out Paradox’s role in the relationship and create excitement for launch.
- TriplePoint developed an approach that positioned the two companies as collaborators, with the partnership announced during a GDC press conference.
- The CEOs from each company took the stage to discuss the particulars of the deal, and answered questions from hand-picked members of the media.
- At the same time, an official press release and FAQ were distributed to the wider press audience, along with a blog post tailored to the community.
- Successful execution of the GDC press conference, which was attended by more than 30 targeted journalists.
- Seamless distribution of the partnership news across a variety of mediums and audiences.
- Generated B2B leads for Paradox Interactive from development partners potentially interested in a publishing deal.
“Obsidian will remain in creative control of Pillars of Eternity, while Paradox will focus on marketing, public relations and fulfillment of Kickstarter rewards for the title.”