- Launch a first-person survival horror game and the first title from a new independent studio, Outlast.
- Establish and maintain triple-a level buzz for the indie game throughout a 12-month campaign.
- Help Outlast be seen as the scariest game available.
- Encourage journalists and YouTubers to capture their reactions on video.
- Get as many journalists and streamers to experience the game as possible.
- Achieved goal of generating substantial coverage outside the launch window for Outlast as well as the Red Barrels development team.
- Established the development team as experts despite limited game design experience.
- Collaborated with PlayStation community team to publish blogs on behalf of development team.
- Approximately 40 reviews posted, including sited like Penny Arcade, Polygon, Joystiq, The Escapist.
- #3 Top Seller on Steam.
- PewDiePie YouTube video with over 15 Million views.
- Online editorial coverage (reviews + news articles) adding up to 136 million unique monthly views.
- Trended on Twitter with 16,000 Tweets driven by YouTube likes and retweets of editorial coverage.
- Beyond achieving significant coverage among video game enthusiasts, TriplePoint wanted to secure a mainstream, Halloween-centric opportunity to drive greater awareness for the title. We pursued Conan O’Brien’s Clueless Gamer segment. Following close negotiation with the show’s producers, the demo aired Oct. 24, 2013. Outlast received high praise.
“Most Likely to Make You Faint: Outlast”