- Develop event concepts to showcase USC’s tech innovations to internal USC audiences and the broader tech community.
- Raise USC’s awareness and profile as a leader in tech research and innovation.
- Reach new audiences via categories of media previously unaware of USC’s advances in tech and establish relationships with journalists.
- TriplePoint held workshops with USC to discuss available content and messaging for the university’s leadership in tech innovation.
- We created GLIMPSE, an exclusive technology showcase to demonstrate USC tech innovations, planning all elements from venue to presentation style and flow.
- We reviewed faculty and student research projects across a wide range of industries, and drove the selection of projects and presentations.
- Working with USC’s internal PR team, we promoted the event within the university community.
- We reached out to business, tech, and education media to invite them to the showcase.
- The team generated awareness for faculty and student advancements previously unknown to other departments within USC.
- USC hosted two successful events that showcased demonstrations of tech advancements, including facial recognition software for lighting design and interaction with digital Holocaust survivors.
- TriplePoint secured press attendance and coverage of the event in outlets including the BBC, the Associated Press, The Washington Post, NPR, Mashable, Fast Company, and CNET.
“Meet The USC Journalism Professor Leading A Course On Google Glass- ‘It’s the most mature wearable platform that’s out there,’ says USC journalism professor Robert Hernandez. ‘And we need to be proactive and figure it out.'”