- Plan and execute North American pre-launch tour (New York, Boston, Los Angeles, San Francisco) to drive pre-orders.
- Drive core press interest in VirZOOM’s unique experience despite limited content and some earlier press exposure.
- Lift embargo and garner coverage week before holidays.
- Lean heavily on demo, awe-factor, and new content to drive renewed interest in company and their vision for VR.
- Leverage Sony partnership to increase interest in overall tech, while also supporting Oculus compatibility.
- Leverage conversation surrounding VR-induced motion sickness to instigate deeper conversations with key press.
- Briefed 20+ media in fours cities prior to announcement going live.
- Secured launch day coverage in The Verge, Tom’s Hardware, Inverse, Tech Times, BostInno, Gizmodo, Game Informer, Engadget, TechRadar, Polygon, Playboy, Gamespot, MIT Tech Review, and more.
- Coverage overwhelmingly positive and on message (delivering units to press offices for group reviews).
“As usual, donning a headset plants you in a 360-degree virtual environment. But instead of a gamepad or motion controller, the VirZoom powers your movement through pedaling. Pedal harder on the bike which is like a scooter electrique, and you’ll move faster through a game. Think of it as SoulCycle for the couch-loving gamer.”